Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by mu...@cow.active.ch on 1998/07/22 14:40:01 UTC

Re: mod_auth-any/2659: mod_auth_mysql.so:Unable to resolve symbol / Invalid command

The following reply was made to PR mod_auth-any/2659; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: mustun@cow.active.ch
To: rse@engelschall.com
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_auth-any/2659: mod_auth_mysql.so:Unable to resolve symbol / Invalid command
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 14:33:53 +0200

 In message <19...@engelschall.com>, "Ralf S. Engelschall" write
 s:

 > In article <19...@hyperreal.org> you wrote:
 >
 > >>Synopsis:       mod_auth_mysql.so:Unable to resolve symbol / Invalid comman
 > >[...]
 > > Here a 1:1 copy of email with the maintainer? of mod_auth_mysql.c:
 > > - - - -
 > > I'm not familiar with Apache 1.3.0, but somewhere along the lines it seems
 > > like the auth module isn't getting compiled, or it's getting compiled in
 > > the wrong place.  Look for mod_auth_mysql.so somewhere in the source tree,
 > > if you can't find it - it's not getting compiled for some reason...
 > >[...]
 > >[...]
 > >>
 > >>$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache-1.3.0-own/ --enable-module=most
 > > --enable-shared=max --enable-module=so --disable-module=rewrite
 > > --disable-module=auth_dbm --disable-shared=auth_dbm
 > > --add-module=/home/softy/Src/apache_1.3.0-modules-src/mod_auth_mysql/mod_au
 > > h_mysql-2.11/mod_auth_mysql.c --enable-shared=auth_mysql
 > >>$ make
 > >># make install
 > >>
 > >>I tryed out also to compile with --enable-shared=auth_mysql....
 > >>..and can't start apache as before...
 > >> - - - -
 > >>/usr/local/apache-1.3.0-own/sbin# ./apachectl start
 > >>Syntax error on line 68 of /usr/local/apache-1.3.0-own/etc/httpd.conf:
 > >>Can't find module auth_mysql_module in file
 > > libexec/mod_auth_mysql.so:Unable to resolve symbol
 > >>./apachectl start: httpd could not be started
 > >[...]
 >
 > A few hints:
 >
 > 1. Currently there is no way to link DSO files against other libraries. A
 >    patch is available (and was posted to new-httpd by me recently) but no
 >    release version still contains support for this. So as an implication you
 >    _CANNOT_ use --enable-shared=auth_mysql.
 >
 > 2. Because of 1.) the only correct way to build your Apache with
 >    mod_auth_mysql is to use the following:
 >
 >    $ LDFLAGS="-L/path/to/mysql/libraries" LIBS="-lmysqlclient" \
 >      ./configure \
 >      --add-module=/path/to/your/mod_auth_mysql.c
 >                                        rse@engelschall.com
 >                                        www.engelschall.com

 I try it out...but it still does not work....

 --
   M. Mustun      m u s t u n @ a c t i v e . c h
     w w w 2 . a c t i v e . c h /~ m u s t u n