Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by joeeb <tm...@comcast.net> on 2006/05/31 17:55:02 UTC

Producer blocking during Durable Subscription...

I'm getting wierdness when using a Durable Transacted Subscription, in that
the Producer blocks until a Consumer retreives messages:

producer:
     [echo] Running producer against server at $url = tcp://localhost:61616
for subject $subject = TEST.FOO
     [java] Connecting to URL: tcp://localhost:61616
     [java] Publishing a Message with size 1000 to topic: TEST.FOO
     [java] Using durable publishing
     [java] Sleeping between publish 0 ms
     [java] Sending message: Message: 0 sent at: Wed May 31 11:51:08 EDT
2006  ...
>>>THE PRODUCER BLOCKS<<<
>>>UNTIL CONSUMER RUNS<<<
consumer:
     [echo] Running consumer against server at $url = tcp://localhost:61616
for subject $subject = TEST.FOO
     [java] Connecting to URL: tcp://localhost:61616
     [java] Consuming topic: TEST.FOO
     [java] Using durable subscription
     [java] We are about to wait until we consume: 1000 message(s) then we
will shutdown
     [java] Received: Message: 0 sent at: Wed May 31 11:51:08 EDT 2006  ...

As soon as I kill the Consumer, the Producer blocks until I restart the
Consumer...

Using incubator-activemq-4.0 from May 8, 2006

Posted by dragonql <dr...@126.com>.
I meet this problem too,it seems happen when counts of the Durable msg in
mqserver that not been cosumer  received is more than 2000.

Posted by pradeep <pr...@gmail.com>.

Lot of us are seeing this problem. You can read my previous posts reagrading
this. Only solution is to increase the memory limit of the broker but how
far will you keep doing this ?

I am feeling that ActiveMQ team should do something abt this problem.

pradeep

Posted by joeeb <tm...@comcast.net>.
One other thing to add:  I tried using ?jms.useAsyncSend=true on the url and
no difference in behaviour.

Posted by dragonql <dr...@126.com>.
I have found answer in
http://www.nabble.com/problem-with-durable-subscribers-tf2145613.html#a5923485