Posted to users@apex.apache.org by "McCullough, Alex" <Al...@capitalone.com> on 2016/08/01 19:16:51 UTC

Sharing Properties Between Operators

Hey,

I have an input and processing operator that both rely on hazelcast. I defined a base operator where the setup method and common properties are defined, each have an abstract class that extends this base operator to handle default input or processing logic along with unique properties at this level, and then of course each has a concrete implementation.

Is there a way the two can share properties in the properties.xml? I know you can wildcard some property/attribute descriptors, but could I wildcard part of an operator name? meaning having an operator called hazelInput and one called hazelProcess and a property defined as:

<property>
    <name>dt.application.*.operator.hazel*.prop.host</name>
    <value>127.0.0.1</value>
</property>

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Sharing Properties Between Operators

Posted by Ashwin Chandra Putta <as...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

I tried to give regular expression on the partial operator name and it
works.

Eg:

<property>
    <name>dt.application.*.operator.hazel[\w].prop.host</name>
    <value>127.0.0.1</value>
</property>

Regards,
Ashwin.

Ashwin.

Re: Sharing Properties Between Operators

Posted by David Yan <da...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi Alex,