Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2019/07/18 08:12:10 UTC

[VOTE][LAZY] the Incubator as a service provider for podlings (was: overzealous bureaucracy...)

Hi,

As discussed in the "overzealous bureaucracy" thread, I suggest
changing the text on the http://incubator.apache.org/ homepage to
present the Incubator as a service provider for podlings.

I think the current description can be understood as the Incubator
being a"stern gatekeeper to the ASF" and that's not good.

Defining the Incubator a service provider will give us a documented
basis to adapt our tone and processes if we (or podlings) notice that
we're being a stern gatekeeper again, as has happened in the past.

If people agree with the general idea we can discuss the details of
the new text at https://github.com/apache/incubator/pull/12 if needed.

I suggest using this thread more to discuss (and hopefully approve ;-)
the general idea of this change.

I'm planning to merge #12 in the next few days unless someone from the
Incubator PMC objects.

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE][LAZY] the Incubator as a service provider for podlings (was: overzealous bureaucracy...)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Regards
JB

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
+1 and I do like the new text.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 10:12 AM Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I'm planning to merge #12 in the next few days unless someone from the
> Incubator PMC objects...

I have merged that now, thanks for the comments and contributions
there, the content is now live at http://incubator.apache.org/

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
That sounds good to me (the general idea at least).