Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Irfan Nagoo <ir...@ventivtech.com> on 2019/05/02 18:10:06 UTC

Solr 7.7.1 issue: TemplateTransformer doesn't take the value of static template attribute value

Hi,

Recently we upgraded our Solr from 5.1 to 7.7.1.  Here is an example of an entity in data-config.xml to illustrate the issue we are facing:

<entity name="category" query="..." transformer="TemplateTransformer">
    <field name="category_name” column="c_name"   template=”CATEGORY" />
</entity

In Solr 5.1, TemplateTransformer sets the “category_name” with the value of static “template” attribute (catergory_name: CATEGORY). However, In Solr 7.7.1, TemplateTransformer sets the “category_name” with the value of database column value (c_name). However, if we change the name of database column (c_name) to any non-existent name (say x_abc),  TemplateTransformer sets the “category_name” with the value of “template” attribute.

This inconsistency is causing issues in our application since the TemplateTransformer should take the value of template attribute in all cases.  Please verify if this is a bug?  Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Irfan
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. E-mail messages to clients of Ventiv Technology Inc., may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. Please do not read, copy, forward, or store this message unless you are an intended recipient of it. If you have received this message in error, please forward it to the sender and delete it completely from your computer system.

RE: Solr 7.7.1 issue: TemplateTransformer doesn't take the value of static template attribute value

Posted by Irfan Nagoo <ir...@ventivtech.com>.
Sure, thanks for your advice Ishan. I will raise this in solr user list.

Thanks, Irfan

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
Hi Irfan,