Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2007/08/07 10:30:48 UTC

source jars for release do not include legal files

I tried building the RC tonight and ran into this:

[INFO] [tools:verify-legal-files {execution: verify-legal-files}]
[INFO] Checking legal files in: geronimo-kernel-2.0.jar
[INFO] Checking legal files in: geronimo-kernel-2.0-sources.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Artifact does not contain any legal files: geronimo-kernel-2.0-
sources.jar

its happening in many different places so I tried here just for fun.

I can look at this tomorrow but is there something broken in getting
these files into the sources jar.  We fixed this issue in in
txmanager by adding a resources to the src tree but that was more of
a hack.  I don't want to do this to the whole server.  Thoughts?

Re: source jars for release do not include legal files

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 8, 2007, at 10:54 AM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:

>    May be I am missing something. But the files
> geronimo-kernel-2.0-sources.jar and geronimo-kernel-2.0.jar  have
> License.txt and Notice.txt files at meta-inf.
> http://people.apache.org/~kevan/geronimo-2.0-rc1/org/apache/
> geronimo/modules/geronimo-kernel/2.0/
>     Does the verification tool look in both places?

Hi Anita,
Yes, both jars are verified. And the rc jars should be correct. I'm
not sure how Matt fixed the problem. It may be a bit of a work-
around. I think the deploy plugin has a bit of an issue. Would be
really great to get this issue resolved, so that next release goes
more smoothly...

--kevan

Re: source jars for release do not include legal files

Posted by Anita Kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
   May be I am missing something. But the files
geronimo-kernel-2.0-sources.jar and geronimo-kernel-2.0.jar  have
License.txt and Notice.txt files at meta-inf.
http://people.apache.org/~kevan/geronimo-2.0-rc1/org/apache/geronimo/modules/geronimo-kernel/2.0/
    Does the verification tool look in both places?

Thanks
Anita

--- Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:

> Ugh... I think we need to revisit all this junk... I was hoping that
>
> the maven-remote-resources-plugin would be useful here, though I'm
> not sure it adds legal bits to src jars either.
>
> I'm really not sure what to do about this... :-(
>
> Stupid legal muck...
>
> --jason
>

> On Aug 7, 2007, at 1:30 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>
> > I tried building the RC tonight and ran into this:
> >
> > [INFO] [tools:verify-legal-files {execution: verify-legal-files}]
> > [INFO] Checking legal files in: geronimo-kernel-2.0.jar
> > [INFO] Checking legal files in: geronimo-kernel-2.0-sources.jar
> > [INFO]

> > --
> > [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> > [INFO]

> > --
> > [INFO] Artifact does not contain any legal files: geronimo-
> > kernel-2.0-sources.jar
> >
> > its happening in many different places so I tried here just for
> fun.
> >
> > I can look at this tomorrow but is there something broken in
> > getting these files into the sources jar.  We fixed this issue in
> > in txmanager by adding a resources to the src tree but that was
> > more of a hack.  I don't want to do this to the whole server.
> > Thoughts?

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222

Re: source jars for release do not include legal files

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.