Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@firemirror.com> on 2017/09/08 09:31:34 UTC

Re: 1.9.0 PR mini-rundown

There are a few PRs I would also like to see in this release, I've gone through the open Github pull requests and picked some out. I've only listed ones that I would accept if I was reviewing them.

One of these two (one fixes the specific Celery setting I needed, the other allows much more general customization of Celery config):

- https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2572
- https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2542 or https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2558 (both address the same Jira in slightly different ways.)

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2578/files looks like it might be an important fix for a change on master, though is lacking tests covering the bug.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2540 `Variable.setdefault` raises an exception when the variable already exists(!), at least when using JSON.

### Two PRs that look good but aren't quite ready yet

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2327/files The `--ignore_all_dependencies` flag wasn't working. (This seems to be failing due to a missing license, but otherwise looks good and is an important fix. I have asked the author to add the missing license to the new test file.)

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2531 Server-side paging of DAGS - helps with large airflow instances. (Though this is currently marked WIP, so I have asked the author for clarification on if this is ready or not)

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2562 - adding the 1.8.2 changelog to master branch.

### And then some nice to haves/simple changes:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2532 Migrate the S3Hook to use boto3.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2509/files a tiny refactor to move a calculation only to where it is needed.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2479 fix syntax errors in the docs

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2405 exposes a new option to `airflow worker` for `--celery_hostname` to support running multiple workers on the same node.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2507/files - properly clears hidden fields in the Connection UI when changing type.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2237/files - Fix issue with Gunicorn 19.4 and upgrade to it. Probably a good idea to not be stuck on older versions of modules? (has conflicts, but its two one-line changes so looks like it would be easy to resolve at merge time.)

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2189/files - replace an instance of hardcoded `scheduled_` prefix with ID_PREFIX variable. No semantic meaning but seems to be the last instance of this string that isn't using the variable.

I hope this was helpful.

-ash

Re: 1.9.0 PR mini-rundown

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Nice run down. There is also a security patch we need to integrate (also to 1.8.3).

Bolke

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad