Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2017/07/19 05:21:22 UTC

Logo contest

Heads-up,

I have been running a design contest on 99designs.com and as usual received
a lot of good contributions. 46 designs from 16 designers around the world.

In a couple of hours, I need to select finalists, and they get the idea is
that the finalists get another 3 days to improve, and I will set up a Poll
for us all to select the winner among the best of these.

I think I should simply drop (as I have done so far) everything that I
would be unhappy with, down to something like 5 designs to vote on.

WDYT?

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: Logo contest

Posted by Georg Ragaller <qi...@dev.ragaller.org>.

Am 19. Juli 2017 07:21:22 MESZ schrieb Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>:
>Heads-up,
>
>I have been running a design contest on 99designs.com and as usual
>received
>a lot of good contributions. 46 designs from 16 designers around the
>world.
>
>In a couple of hours, I need to select finalists, and they get the idea
>is
>that the finalists get another 3 days to improve, and I will set up a
>Poll
>for us all to select the winner among the best of these.
>
>I think I should simply drop (as I have done so far) everything that I
>would be unhappy with, down to something like 5 designs to vote on.

Sounds great. I'm looking forward to see the selected ones.

Cheers, Georg

Re: Logo contest

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
I recommend logo in SVG format so maybe it would be possible to edit
it with common tools like Inkscape, and if/when needed to hide/show
layers with text, background, the TM, etc ...
And even the version seen
[here](https://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/) ...

Last, ico files can be generated (even with multiple resolution images
inside), for example with ImageMagick or Gimp ...

As Paul said, even a Color Palette would be useful to use as a
reference for the site and other material; if not provided we could
extract it.
I suggest to store all finalised content somewhere in our source
control, both sources and most common used (generated) content.

Anyway let's wait for the Poll :-) .

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Logo contest