Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Cemal A Bayramoglu <ce...@jweekend.com> on 2010/03/05 17:34:51 UTC

LegUp: Scala/Wicket

We have just released a new LegUp [1] that creates a Scala (2.8Beta1)
with Wicket (1.4.7) project (no Java code).
This LegUp includes a simplistic example of a safe yet dynamic model
too, to get you started if you are new to Scala.

I usually import the POM into IntelliJ or Eclipse, both of which have
gradually improving Scala 2.8 plugins.

Keep in mind that even though we have been well and truly sucked in by
Scala's elegance, efficiency and general smartness, we are still quite
new at it, so suggested improvements are very welcome [2].

Jan Kriesten, Dean Pehrsson-Chapman, Daan van Etten & Antony Stubbs,
amongst others, from our London Wicket Events, have also also
experimenting with Wicket and Scala, some of them also using this very
nice combination on commercial projects. You can find related
presentations at [3].

All our other Wicket dependent "LegUp"s have been upgraded to use 1.4.7.

Regards - Cemal
jWeekend
OO & Java Technologies, Wicket
Consulting, Development, Training