Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sichen Zhao <zs...@outlook.com> on 2018/08/10 03:10:01 UTC

YARN SLS improving idea

Hi,
I am a developer from AliBaBa China, i recently used SLS for scheduling simulation, SLS currently supports multidimensional resource input(CPU, mem , other resources: disk). But SLS can't take scheduling request, which is currently widely used in YARN, as input, so Placement Constraints and attributes are not supported.

So what i wanna improve the SLS: Add scheduling emulation for scheduling request resource format.

The specific work is as follows:
1. Add input support for the scheduling request format.
2. Add support for scheduling request resource format in NMSim.
3. Adding scheduling request support for the Capacity Scheduler(maybe it is already done in current version).

What do you think about my ideas?

Best Regards
Sichen Zhao

Re: YARN SLS improving idea

Posted by Sichen Zhao <zs...@outlook.com>.
Hi WeiWei, All,

I create a JIRA: YARN-8670. And add some new ideas.
If anyone who have doubt or advice, please feel free to comment.

Thanks

Best Regards
Sichen Zhao

    From: Sunil G <su...@apache.org>
    Date: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 1:31 AM
    To: Yufei Gu <fl...@gmail.com>
    Cc: Daniel Templeton <da...@cloudera.com>, YANG WEIWEI <ch...@hotmail.com>, "zsc19940506@outlook.com" <zs...@outlook.com>, Hadoop Common <co...@hadoop.apache.org>, Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>

    Hi Sichen

    1. Add input support for the scheduling request format.
    Yes. I suppose this change is in SLS end (client to generate requests)
    2. Add support for scheduling request resource format in NMSim.
    Makes sense.
    3. Adding scheduling request support for the Capacity Scheduler(maybe it is already done in current version).
    This support is already there.

    Adding to this, major challenge is to specify constrains per app level and verifying results. I also suggest to cross check the scheduler invariants check support added as per YARN-6547 and see how we can incorporate same to predict o/p

    - Sunil

    On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 10:39 PM Yufei Gu <fl...@gmail.com>> wrote:
    +YANG WEIWEI<ma...@hotmail.com>

    Make sense to me from SLS perspective, but I am not familiar with Placement Constraints. Add WeiWei.

    Best,

    Yufei

    `This is not a contribution`

    On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 8:57 AM Daniel Templeton <da...@cloudera.com>> wrote: