Posted to rpc-dev@xml.apache.org by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at> on 2002/03/08 02:20:18 UTC

[request] new commiter

i would like to work on the xmlrpc code
first of all i would like to make it more readable ... which coding conventions should be used??

would be easier if you give commit access to me ;-)

martin

just realised hannes is from vienna too!
how's about meeting for a beer? ;-)

Re: [request] new commiter

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Hannes Wallnöfer <ha...@helma.at> writes:

> Any proposal for coding conventions?

I'm a fan of Turbine's
<http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html>.

Re: [request] new commiter

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Re: [request] new commiter

Posted by Hannes Wallnöfer <ha...@helma.at>.
Martin Poeschl wrote:

> i would like to work on the xmlrpc code
> first of all i would like to make it more readable ... which coding
> conventions should be used??
>
> would be easier if you give commit access to me ;-)

+1

Any proposal for coding conventions?

> martin
>
> just realised hannes is from vienna too!
> how's about meeting for a beer? ;-)

Definitely! I thought marmot.at sounded more like western Austria ;-)

Hannes

Re: [request] new commiter

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: [request] new commiter

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/8/02 9:11 AM, "Daniel Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:

> Not particularly, but won't I don't like are tons of random code
> reformatting changes in the CVS diffs, especially when they're mixed
> with code changes (Jon! ;-).  But if everyone else is in favor of it
> I'd withdraw my objects if you can hold the changes to a single pass
> over the code.

I know I know...I have tried to stop doing that cause you don't like it...

-jon

Re: [request] new commiter

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Re: [request] new commiter

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at> writes:

> why don't you want the code to be (re)formatted??
> do you like the code as it is??

Not particularly, but won't I don't like are tons of random code
reformatting changes in the CVS diffs, especially when they're mixed
with code changes (Jon! ;-).  But if everyone else is in favor of it
I'd withdraw my objects if you can hold the changes to a single pass
over the code.

> which coding conventions should be used for xmlrpc??

I like Turbine's.  ;)

- Dan

Re: [request] new commiter

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Re: [request] new commiter

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.
Daniel Rall wrote:
> Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at> writes:
>

>>i would like to work on the xmlrpc code first of all i would like to
>>make it more readable ... which coding conventions should be used??
>>
>>would be easier if you give commit access to me ;-)
>

> I know Martin from the Turbine project.  He's only submitted a couple
> patches, but I'm +1 on his request for commit (but would prefer that
> he didn't go through the code base on a reformatting mission).

why don't you want the code to be (re)formatted??
do you like the code as it is??

which coding conventions should be used for xmlrpc??

> Martin, would you provide your background for those that don't know
> you?

sure!
i'm an independend developer since 1995. currently i'm working for zenplex on tambora
(http://tambora.zenplex.org)
the other project where i use xml-rpc is a programm i wrote for an advertisement agency where i use
xml-rpc for the applet-server communication (since yesterday ;-)
http://www.epmedia.at (soory there is no test account available at the moment so you only can look
at the login screen :-(
i'm a turbine commiter since 2000 and both projects are based on turbine.

martin

Re: [request] new commiter

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.

Re: [request] new commiter