Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2001/10/09 04:51:35 UTC

Back in action (briefly)

Sorry for disappearing for a bit there.  My company moved offices last week,
I had a bad cold the same week, and I'm behind on some articles and books
I'm supposed to be writing.

So, here are my thoughts about the release at this point...
1. Everything is pretty much ready except for the pop3 bug (just general
pair-file issue we've hade in the past).  I'm going to try a profiler next
to see what object is holding onto a stream that's causing the problem, or
what exactly is going wrong.
2. There are lots of odds and ends that need to get thrown in, but can wait
until after an alpha release, namely regex matchers, listserv cleanup, make
the JamesSpoolManager shutdown gracefully, upgrade to Ant 1.4 (?), and other
little fixes here and there.

I'm going to work on the pair-file bug now, but unfortunately I'm taking a
family road trip from Wednesday through Sunday, so I don't expect to be able
to make a release until the weekend. (if anybody wants to make the release
while I'm gone, assuming the pair-file bug is whacked, please by all means
do so!!)

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/

RE: Back in action (briefly)

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
I'll look at ant upgrade this week, if thats ok with everyone?