Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Pilson <Ch...@NAU.EDU> on 2003/01/06 07:21:42 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] PORT questions]

Well ... I'd love to, but what I'm really building is a stateful packet
filter on 80.  And ... well, I guess that I COULD pick up nasties after
they hit the Apache server ... but I'd rather get to them before, and drop
the packet.

I know you can do this other ways (e.g. at the router), but I want a TON
of flexability, such that I can arbitrarily do things like, say, if the
client sends a /GET/index-forbidden.html request, then the packet is
dumped.