Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Urmi Vijayvargiy <ur...@cygnetinfotech.com> on 2020/07/02 05:47:57 UTC

Validity Layer set for validity symbol

Hello PDFBOX team,

We are digital signing pdf and want to add validity symbol layer (green tick) but it should only be visible on pdf reader and not on any browser screen.
We achieved same using itextsharp by manipulating n1,n3 and n4 layer- attached is reference code. same we want to achieve using pdfbox and java.
Any update on this will be helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Urmi Vijayvargiy

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachment may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the intended addressee only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the information, or copying of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Cygnet Infotech Private Limited or its Subsidiary does not accept any liability for any errors, loss, delayed delivery, tampering, corruption or presence of viruses in this message or any attachment.

Re: Validity Layer set for validity symbol

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
This green tick thing is not standard and shouldn't be used because it
can be faked. It is outdated. The only thing to use to verify signatures
is the signature window in Adobe.

Tilman