Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/29 22:34:06 UTC

[VOT] KIP-449: Add connector contexts to Connect worker logs (vote thread)

I would like to start the vote for KIP-258:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-449%3A+Add+connector+contexts+to+Connect+worker+logs

The KIP uses the Mapped Diagnostic Contexts (MDC) feature of SLF4J API to
add more context to log messages from within Connect workers and connector
implementations. This would not be enabled by default, though it would be
easy to enable within the Connect Log4J configuration.

Thanks!

Randall

Re: [VOT] KIP-449: Add connector contexts to Connect worker logs (vote thread)

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone! The vote has been open for about 9 days, and the KIP is
adopted with +4 binding votes (Randall, Manikumar, Gwen, and Bill) and no
-1 votes. Thanks also to Jeremy, Magesh, Chris, and Konstantine for their
non-binding votes.

Posted by Bill Bejeck <bb...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.