Posted to apachecon-discuss@apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/03 01:03:27 UTC

ApacheCon EU 2012 event and TAC-Apply Questionaire

Hi all,

Reading the application questionaire for the ApacheCon EU 2012 event i
found some inconsistencies and/or unclear wordings in questions and the
associated explanations. I advise you to have a look at it.

Q01 - Which country will you be travelling to ApacheCon from?
If you wish to attend an ApacheCon outside of your region (eg ApacheCon US
from Europe), please also outline why you should attend this event, instead
of a more local one.

Better would be:
Q01 - From which country will you be traveling to the ApacheCon event?
If you wish to attend the ApacheCon event outside your region (Europe vs
ApacheCon NA or ApacheCon APAC, North America vs ApacheCon EU or ApacheCon
APAC, Asia vs ApacheCon EU or ApacheCon NA), please outline why you should
attend this event outside your region, in stead of attending a more local
event.

Better would be:
Q02 - How many days are you intending to attend the event, and which
sessions do you intend to visit?
Full details of the schedule of sessions may be found at
http://www.apachecon.eu

Remark: this description might be a bit hard to swallow (and subsequently
difficult to answer this question), as the schedule of the event is
presented to the public later than the application for travel assistence
regarding this event closes.

Q07 and Q14 basically ask the same question.
Q07 - Which Apache projects are you involved in at the moment?
Please outline your involvement briefly (e.g. answer user queries on the
mailing lists, have submitted bugs/patches, work on integration with
Project Foo).
Q14 - Are you currently involved in Apache project(s)?
If you are currently involved in an Apache project, are you willing to have
the TAC approach the PMC of that project for more information? If so,
please mention which project you are involved in here.
If you are currently a student, and can provide a letter of recommendation
from a faculty member, please include that. Please make sure that it
includes the name of the institution, and contact details for the faculty
member.

Q15 - Any additional information you'd like to supply?

Remark: this question should be the last question before Q19 - To confirm
you application, please sign your name here.

Q19 - To confirm you application, please sign your name here.

Better is:
Q19 - To confirm you application, please state your name here.

I also believe that questions should be grouped together. The first
grouping could the questions related to the event (including Q16), the
second grouping regarding the income, insurance, passport,etc, and the last
grouping could be about the projects involved and the rest (Q15, Q19).

Of course, my native language is not English (any variety) and this just an
opinion.

Regards,

Pierre Smits

ApacheCon EU 2012 <http://www.apachecon.eu> - Sinsheim, Germany
Apache OFBiz <http://ofbiz.apache.org>

Re: ApacheCon EU 2012 event and TAC-Apply Questionaire

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

Did you get any feedback from TAC regarding below?

Regards,

Pierre