Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by aldana <al...@gmx.de> on 2009/04/27 16:11:39 UTC

Possible to access (read/write) content in repository directly

Hi,

I like the hierachical file-like persistence approach of JSR170. First I
though to let my users use subversion for the file-system structure and its
contents. The nodes content is mainly about configuration (no media or
bigger files are saved). But Jackrabbit seems to offer similar and more
(e.g. API over repository).

What is unclear to me and Jackrabbit: Is it possible to let users edit
directly the repository content, i.e. is there a user friendly hook to
directly access the repository. I read something about WebDAV

Or is there maybe another frontend for accessing/downloading the stuff
(similar to subversion repository over WebDAV and tortoise inside Windows)?

thanks.

-----
manuel aldana
aldana((at))gmx.de
software-engineering blog: http://www.aldana-online.de

Re: Possible to access (read/write) content in repository directly

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 4:11 PM, aldana <al...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Or is there maybe another frontend for accessing/downloading the stuff
> (similar to subversion repository over WebDAV and tortoise inside Windows)?

See http://markmail.org/message/ut5c2oomrft6yyce

Regards,
Alex

--