Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Martin Mailloux <mm...@mediagrif.com> on 2002/02/26 16:59:32 UTC

How can I defined multiple DEBUG level ?

>From the documentation :

Loggers may be assigned levels. The set of possible levels, that is
DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR and FATAL are defined in the
org.apache.log4j.Level class. Although we do not encourage you from
doing so, you may define your own levels by sub-classing the Level
class. A perhaps better approach is will be explained later on.

I did not find in the documentation a direct way to add my own levels.

I'm interested in adding more Debug levels (1-5), with different level
of verbosity, from less to the most verbose.

Thanks.
Martin

Re: How can I defined multiple DEBUG level ?

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.
I've never done this but it's a need for me too

On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 12:59, Martin Mailloux wrote:
> >From the documentation :
>
> Loggers may be assigned levels. The set of possible levels, that is
> DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR and FATAL are defined in the
> org.apache.log4j.Level class. Although we do not encourage you from
> doing so, you may define your own levels by sub-classing the Level
> class. A perhaps better approach is will be explained later on.
>
> I did not find in the documentation a direct way to add my own levels.
>
> I'm interested in adding more Debug levels (1-5), with different level
> of verbosity, from less to the most verbose.
>
> Thanks.
> Martin

Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
IT - Inter Business Tecnologia e Servicos (IB)
http://www.ibnetwork.com.br