Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca> on 2001/04/03 00:15:31 UTC

FOP-0.18.1 Source Distro

Hi, all

Hope this one does it: ZIP and tarball versions of fop-0.18.1 (the source
distribution) are in CVS.

I checked the tar.gz distribution - runtests.sh and the AWT viewer using the
fop.sh script - and things, ostensibly, look OK.

I take off for a week Wednesday night, the major reason I'm very rushed. It's
no excuse for any errors that remain, and I apologize in advance.

I guess it would be good to wait about 24 hours, see what showstoppers or
major defects bubble up, and if none, announce this new release. Since I will
not have time to do that, I'm hoping one of the other committers can do the
honours. Thanks.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom

Re: FOP-0.18.1 Source Distro

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
At 09:51 PM 4/2/01 -0600, Kelly Campbell wrote:
>Make sure to remove the "-DEV" designator in the version before the final
>post. I put that there so we would know the difference between someone's
>build from CVS vs. an "official" release. If you don't feel that is
>neccessary for the future, we can leave it out permanently. My plan
>was that once an official release is created, the build.xml should be
>updated to reflect a new version, e.g. 0.19-DEV.

You know something? As soon as the distros were built I saw that there, the
'DEV' string. It sticks in your eye. :-) I liked it so much I'd argue for
keeping that in there - I personally want the fact that FOP is still a
development thing to be in your face.

You probably didn't expect _that_ tack. :-)

>We should probably put together our next release plan when you get back
>from vacation Arved and start being more formal and in-line with the PMC's
>proposed rules.

Agreed. We have tried a number of things - what distributions do we release,
what's in what JAR, blah blah blah, and we now have enough experience to pin
down things. Obviously the contents and exact makeup of JARs and
ZIP/tarballs aren't engraved in stone wrt the PMC; I think _we_ (FOP) want
to make that less of a moving target.

I trust you mean proposed rules in general? Because I didn't see them say
anything about a release plan other than that they expected one. Which is
cool, because it works to everyone's advantage.

Regards,
Arved

Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)

Re: FOP-0.18.1 Source Distro

Posted by Kelly Campbell <ca...@merlot.channelpoint.com>.
Make sure to remove the "-DEV" designator in the version before the final
post. I put that there so we would know the difference between someone's
build from CVS vs. an "official" release. If you don't feel that is
neccessary for the future, we can leave it out permanently. My plan
was that once an official release is created, the build.xml should be
updated to reflect a new version, e.g. 0.19-DEV.

We should probably put together our next release plan when you get back
from vacation Arved and start being more formal and in-line with the PMC's
proposed rules.

-Kelly

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 10:15:31PM +0000, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> Hope this one does it: ZIP and tarball versions of fop-0.18.1 (the source
> distribution) are in CVS.
>
> I checked the tar.gz distribution - runtests.sh and the AWT viewer using the
> fop.sh script - and things, ostensibly, look OK.
>
> I take off for a week Wednesday night, the major reason I'm very rushed. It's
> no excuse for any errors that remain, and I apologize in advance.
>
> I guess it would be good to wait about 24 hours, see what showstoppers or
> major defects bubble up, and if none, announce this new release. Since I will
> not have time to do that, I'm hoping one of the other committers can do the
> honours. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Arved Sandstrom

Kelly A. Campbell              Software Engineer
<ca...@merlotxml.org>           ChannelPoint, Inc.
<ca...@channelpoint.com>        Colorado Springs, Co.