Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Sean Cooper <se...@vt.edu> on 2003/09/24 21:37:04 UTC

Alter behavior through event handling?

I have not been able to determine if this is possible, but here is what
I am trying to do.

app 1) When something runs its life in the cache, rather then drop from
the cache entirely, call a method on that particular object to refresh
its data

app 2) When something runs its life in the cache, drop it from the
cache, and since the item being cached is a java.io.File reference
delete the file from the hard drive  (no, I cannot simple cache the
java.io.File contents in JCS they aren't truly serializable and need to
be streamed/loaded manually to disk)

I envision achieving this behavior by intercepting a cache release event
of sorts, but I cannot figure out how to latch on to the event handler
to process it.  Am I missing something?  Or are the events and event
handlers not supposed to be fooled around with?

-Sean