Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Andrew McFague <am...@wgen.net> on 2010/04/22 03:28:59 UTC

Ivy.xml changes not being published

Hello,

We recently switched over to Ivy to manage dependencies for our Java-based web application.  However, right now, we have a jar file being published to a repository, along with its metadata (the ivy-module file, which I called ivy.xml).  The Jar file changes seem to get pushed fine, but changes to ivy.xml don't.

Removing the local cache (~/.iv2) doesn't help.  To make matters worse, the metadata file in the repository gets its mtime updated, indicating that it was overwritten with a cached version.  The only way to get new metadata into the repo is to remove the ivy.xml their, and republish locally.

I noticed similar posts for *downloading* data, but nothing about the publishing aspect.  What can be done to make sure that the ivy.xml file gets pushed every time?

Andrew

Re: Ivy.xml changes not being published

Posted by Andrew McFague <am...@wgen.net>.
Thank you so much, Geoff.  This did the trick!

Andrew

Posted by Geoff Clitheroe <g....@gmail.com>.