Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by RamAESIS <rs...@hcl.in> on 2009/02/23 10:00:42 UTC

Regarding field names of persistent classes generated

Hi,

I am using the reverse mapping tool to generate classes from my tables. The
tool by default changes the names of the DB fields by removing the
underscores and changing the the case of subsequent character
e.g. field name in DB ====   OB_AO_PD_VRS

is changed to ===== ObAoPdVrs

how to avoid this and force the tool to have the available name in database,
i browsed through the customization section of Reverse Mapping tool but
could not find a property. Any help is highly appreciated

Regards,
Ram

Re: Regarding field names of persistent classes generated

Posted by RamAESIS <rs...@hcl.in>.
Hi,

I wrote a custom class extending the default PropertiesReverseCustomizer and
over rid the 2 methods as mentioned below:

	@Override
	public String getClassName(Table table, String defaultName) {
		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
		if(defaultName.indexOf('.') > -1)
			return defaultName.substring(0,
defaultName.lastIndexOf('.')+1)+table.getName();
		else
			return table.getName();
	}

	@Override
	public String getFieldName(ClassMapping dec, Column[] cols, ForeignKey fk,
			String defaultName) {
		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
		return cols[0].getName();
	}

This works fine for me, please let me know whether this will cause any
undesired effects as i am not sure whether this is the proper solution.

Regards,
Ram