Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rici Lake <ri...@ricilake.net> on 2005/04/27 02:07:06 UTC

Re: Moved the ldap connection timeout call (was: Re: svn commit: r160707 )

On 26-Apr-05, at 6:58 PM, Brad Nicholes wrote:

>   I just checked in a patch to move the ldap_set_option() call from
> trying to set the connection timeout globally to ldap connection
> specific.  I don't have a good way to test that it fixes the problem,
> but if somebody can verify the fix, I will propose it for backport.

You know that there is a bug in the OpenLDAP SDK up to about 2.2.21
which causes OpenLDAP to crash when the global connection timeout is
set (ITS #3487). It ends up doing a double free because it's copying
pointers instead of contents in the global config structure. I've had
to explicitly set LDAPConnectionTimeout -1 in order to prevent the
default timeout being applied, on a couple of installations where I
couldn't upgrade the SDK.