Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Narayanan K <kn...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/30 16:52:49 UTC

Impala vs Coprocessors

Hi,

Was reading through the new Impala for querying HBase/HDFS.

I was wondering which would be faster for counting rows in HBase for a scan
object with filters - Impala or Coprocessor Endpoints..

What are the differences between the 2 of them?

-Narayanan

Re: Impala vs Coprocessors

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi Narayanan,

    I don't think this comparison makes much sense right now, keeping in
mind that Imapala is not completely ready right now.
It doesn't even support most of the operating systems right now, which
people use to deploy Hbase. A proper evaluation can
be made only after proper testing. What say?

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq