Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org> on 2006/06/27 16:33:19 UTC

[VOTE] Dropping Win98 Support for 1.7

Considering that we are getting into the swing of releasing Ant 1.7, I
would like to suggest that we drop Win98 support in Ant 1.7. The benefit
will be to allow us to improve the Ant launch batch file as well as not
having to test or support Win98, which we don't really support well now
anyway.

here is my +1

Conor

Re: [VOTE] Dropping Win98 Support for 1.7

Posted by Martijn Kruithof <jm...@kruithof.xs4all.nl>.
>On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>Considering that we are getting into the swing of releasing Ant 1.7,
>>I would like to suggest that we drop Win98 support in Ant 1.7.

+1 Martijn (drop OS/2 support along the way as well?)

Re: [VOTE] Dropping Win98 Support for 1.7

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org> wrote:

> Considering that we are getting into the swing of releasing Ant 1.7,
> I would like to suggest that we drop Win98 support in Ant 1.7.

+1

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Dropping Win98 Support for 1.7

Posted by Kev Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
On 27 Jun 2006, at 21:33, Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Considering that we are getting into the swing of releasing Ant 1.7, I
> would like to suggest that we drop Win98 support in Ant 1.7. The
> benefit
> will be to allow us to improve the Ant launch batch file as well as
> not
> having to test or support Win98, which we don't really support well
> now
> anyway.

+1, now steve can delete that VMware image he's still clinging to ;)

Kev

--
"All governments are in equal measure good and evil.  The best ideal
is anarchy." - Leo Tolstoy

Re: [VOTE] Dropping Win98 Support for 1.7

Posted by Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>.
+1.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Conor MacNeill wrote:
> Considering that we are getting into the swing of releasing Ant 1.7, I
> would like to suggest that we drop Win98 support in Ant 1.7. The benefit
> will be to allow us to improve the Ant launch batch file as well as not
> having to test or support Win98, which we don't really support well now
> anyway.
>
> here is my +1

me too: +1

And we can set the default timestamp granularity for windows filesystems
to 1000ms, not 2000ms.

Would ant.Main reject any attempt to run on Win9x, or would we leave
that to -diagnostics to warn that the user was running an unsupported OS.