Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2007/03/26 09:04:59 UTC

svn problems

I had a few problems trying to commit to svn yesterday (using Tortoise svn
from Windows). For example,

Adding:
simon\Projects\Tuscany\java\java-integration\testing\sca\itest\databindings\common\src\main\resources\generate\DatabindingTestCase.java.vm

Sending content:
simon\Projects\Tuscany\java\java-integration\testing\sca\itest\databindings\common\src\main\resources\generate\DatabindingTestCase.java.vm

Error: Commit failed (details follow):
Error: Cannot write to the prototype revision file of transaction '522261-1'
because a previous representation is currently being written by another
process

Googling this seems to point to a permissions problem but that doesn't hold
water for me as it was intermittent. I have had problems with my ADSL link
over the last few days (to the extent that I was completely offline
Friday/Saturday) but thought it was fixed. This looks like a server side svn
thing to me but am prepared to accept that it's an ISP thing my end. Just
checking that I'm not doing something obviously stupid. Maybe there was
infrastructure work going on yesterday. I had a quick scout round but
couldn't find any obvious notices. Anyhow all the commits that I wanted to
do are now done b.t.w so they worked eventually. Be interested to know if
this is just me so I can chase this end if it happens again.

Simon