Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us> on 1996/02/26 01:39:24 UTC

Patches and votes and things

Hmm.

As promised, it's Sunday, and so I figured I'd at least set out what
patches exist for Apache 1.1b0a, and maybe we can vote on them or
something.

The following patches are in for_Apache_1.1b0a, or have been otherwise
entered for consideration for the next release. Except as noted, they do
patch onto 1.1b0a, in the following order:

56b.alias_userdir.patch
78b.preserve_redirect.patch
104b.htlock.patch  - doesn't patch, nor does it compile when hand-patched
105.linux-warning.patch - this patch is reversed
106.proxy_fix.patch
107.int_redir_hdrs.patch
108c.sysv-shared-mem.patch
109.keepalive_subpool.patch
113.keepalive_segv.patch
110a.buff.patch - a couple peices need to be hand-patched
111a.host.patch
112b.ident.patch
114.ssi_variables.patch
115.log_ignore_hosts_cmd.patch - several instances of conn->remote_name
                        need to be replaced with get_remote_host()
116.keepalive_flush.patch
mod_imap.c - a lot of rprintf()s need to be replaced with rputs()/rvputs()
             and a getline with !cfg_getline (note that 110a does this
             wrong for the old mod_imap.c)
mod_env.c (version 0.0.5, found in apache/dist/contrib/modules)
the cgi-src patch that Brian forwarded from IBM

I haven't heard a response from the CVS folks on whether or not it's okay
to commit stuff yet, so I'll assume it isn't. What course of action do we
next want to take? Whatever it is, 110 is making it increasingly likely
that conflicts will occur with later patches, so we should do *something*
soon. Either patching all this onto the CVS version so that future patches
can be made against that, or creating another internal release.

P.S. Again, I've put my patched version (with all the above patches except
104b) into httpd/incoming/apache_1.1b0+ak.tar.gz. And unlike the last one
by that name, this one works.

--// Alexei Kosut // <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us> // Lefler on IRC --//
-----------------// <http://www.nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us/~akosut> -------//
"To get the full effect of Pat Buchanan's speeches, they should be
read in the original German." //--------------------------------------