Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yogesh Patel <yo...@highq.com> on 2015/12/09 08:09:08 UTC

Tomcat Thread Dump

*Tomcat version* : 7.0.53
*OS *: Windows 7

We are using tomcat as standalone application not as service, In task
manager it does not showing PID for Tomcat. How to get PID of that tomcat
in order to take tomcat thread dump.

What are the best practice  to take thread dump and what are the commands
for windows7 system.

--
*Thanks & Regards,*

* Yogesh Patel*

Re: Tomcat Thread Dump

Posted by Anjan Bacchu <an...@gmail.com>.
hi yogesh,

  depending on how you launch tomcat,
   a) through tomcat.exe -- tomcat will show as tomcat in process
explorer/task manager
   b) startup.bat/sh -- tomcat will show up as java.exe.

If you have a JDK, then you can run jps and from the output list, you can
determine which of the processes is tomcat.

BR,
~A

Re: Tomcat Thread Dump

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
侯树成,

On 12/10/15 1:06 AM, 侯树成 wrote:
> You can use the java tool *jps*, this is a command tool.  When use like
> this : jps -lv          , you can get detail infomation of all java
> instance.Hope help to you.

Sometimes, jps is less than helpful:

$ jps
9458 Bootstrap
9705 Bootstrap
10237 Bootstrap
10710 Bootstrap
19299 Jps

I've got 4 JVMs running, plus the jps process itself. If you want to
know what's what, run jps with the -v flag:

$ jps -v
9458 Bootstrap -Dnop
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Xmx64M -Djava.library.path=CATALINA_HOME/lib -Xmx64M -Xms1024M
-Xmx1024M -XX:+UseCompressedOops
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=CATAILNA_HOME/endorsed
-Dcatalina.base=CATALINA_BASE -Dcatalina.home=CATALINA_HOME
-Djava.io.tmpdir=CATALINA_BASE/temp

This should help you identify your process, just in case you have more
than one.

On *NIX, you have to run jps as root in order to see processes that
don't belong to you. On Windows, you may have to run CMD.EXE as
Administrator in order to run jsp to see all the running JVMs.

-chris

Re: Tomcat Thread Dump

Posted by 侯树成 <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tomcat Thread Dump