Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by Anirban Chakraborti <ch...@googlemail.com> on 2014/05/05 16:01:46 UTC

Difference between Refsem Class and TextSem class

what is the difference between refsem class and textsem class. How do I get
an ouput like

*org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.refsem.DiseaseDisorder*

*Anir*

RE: Difference between Refsem Class and TextSem class

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
1 The simplest is to run AgregateTemplateFiller engine, which is under ctakes-template-filler
To modifiy AggregatePlaintextprocessUMLS.xml to create the refsem elements, you’d basically be re-creating AgregateTemplateFiller.xml

2. To get details of dosage and frequency, if you didn’t care about refsem, you would run the DrugAggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor, which is under ctakes-drug-ner. But the AgregateTemplateFiller engine includes the drug ner engine, so once you switch to AgregateTemplateFiller, you should see dosage and frequency

3. There’s some documentation about the components in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.1+Component+Use+Guide

Suggestions welcome

-- James

Posted by Anirban Chakraborti <ch...@googlemail.com>.