Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by go canal <go...@yahoo.com> on 2010/04/05 12:04:32 UTC

server load and performance : every 25sec polling from the clients ?

Hello,
I configured AjaxServlet and noticed that the client periodically poll the server, around 25 sec. Wondering if this is true and it will not create too much load on the server. I have around concurrent 4000 users, for applications like chat, and other realtime data pushing to the client (not frequent, can be once in 10 min or so).

I tried comet, it does not seem that the client is polling periodically. Why we implement this differently ?
rgds,
canal