Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com> on 2006/10/29 21:56:34 UTC

[VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 5 Release

Another, and hopefully the last, Test Snapshot Release is now
available for voting.

Please vote on this using the common Apache style, with a +1, 0, or
-1. Once we have approved another TS release we will submit it to the
incubator in general for a vote. We will keep this vote open for at
least 2 days, and hopefully get sufficient votes by Tuesday, and then
if all goes well submit it to the incubator in a few days.

As before the main things to review are:

1. archive structure, PGP signature files, and MD5 checksums
2. presence and validity of NOTICE, LICENSE, etc files, and license
headers in files as needed
3. general successful run from pre-built "binaries" (given that this
is part of the release process)

If you find any bugs while testing this release, please submit them
as a Jira issue.

The details of this release can be found here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/wAE

-David

P.S. For convenience, here are links to the files:

http://people.apache.org/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS5.tgz
http://people.apache.org/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
incubating-4.0.0.TS5.tgz.asc
http://people.apache.org/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
incubating-4.0.0.TS5.tgz.md5

http://people.apache.org/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS5.zip
http://people.apache.org/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
incubating-4.0.0.TS5.zip.asc
http://people.apache.org/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
incubating-4.0.0.TS5.zip.md5

Re: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 5 Release

Posted by David Welton <da...@gmail.com>.
I downloaded it and ran it, and it seemed ok.  +1

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 5 Release

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,
+1 after very brief, cursory testing (sorry, busy at work...)

Yoav

Posted by "mrisaliti@libero.it" <mr...@libero.it>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
+1

Posted by Shi Yusen <sh...@langhua.cn>.
David,

Thank you.  You are right.

> Sounds like the download got messed up. Try downloading it again, and
> perhaps check the md5 checksum file to make sure you got the whole
> thing.
Yes, download again and then everything is OK now.

> http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/wAE
OK. I'll get the source code from svn and start from there.

Thanks again!

Shi Yusen/Beijing Langhua Ltd.

Re: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 5 Release

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
On Oct 29, 2006, at 11:02 PM, Shi Yusen wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I downloaded apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS5.tgz and
> apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS5.zip.
>
> The zip file can be extracted correctly. The tgz file failed here:
>
> apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS5/framework/base/lib/ant.jar
>
> gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file

Sounds like the download got messed up. Try downloading it again, and
perhaps check the md5 checksum file to make sure you got the whole
thing.

> BTW, should I implement my projects from this release or some other
> one?

Please read the test release description:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/wAE

-David

Posted by Shi Yusen <sh...@langhua.cn>.
Hi David,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

Jacques

Re: Time is getting shorter, please vote WAS: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 5 Release

Posted by "Alex D. Fleming" <al...@gmail.com>.
Everything is working fine for me.
So I will give +1.

On 11/1/06, Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> wrote:

> The voting is going to close, if you want to express your opinion/review
> please vote now.
>
> Jacopo
>

> David E Jones wrote:
> >
> > Another, and hopefully the last, Test Snapshot Release is now available
> > for voting.
> >
> > Please vote on this using the common Apache style, with a +1, 0, or -1.
> > Once we have approved another TS release we will submit it to the
> > incubator in general for a vote. We will keep this vote open for at
> > least 2 days, and hopefully get sufficient votes by Tuesday, and then if
> > all goes well submit it to the incubator in a few days.
> >
> > As before the main things to review are:
> >
> > 1. archive structure, PGP signature files, and MD5 checksums
> > 2. presence and validity of NOTICE, LICENSE, etc files, and license
> > headers in files as needed
> > 3. general successful run from pre-built "binaries" (given that this is
> > part of the release process)
> >
> > If you find any bugs while testing this release, please submit them as a
> > Jira issue.
> >
> > The details of this release can be found here:
> >
> > http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/wAE
> >
> > -David
> >
> > P.S. For convenience, here are links to the files:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS5.tgz
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS5.tgz.asc
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS5.tgz.md5
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS5.zip
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS5.zip.asc
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS5.zip.md5

--
Regards
Alex D. Fleming

Time is getting shorter, please vote WAS: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 5 Release

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.

Posted by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Anil