Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org> on 2003/09/03 19:17:53 UTC

Any pointers for plugin development?

The old how to write a plugin in the WIKI is not enough to go by.
I have a plugin I am developing as part of a larger application,
and I want to ensure that it is built and installed.

Unfortunately, the project.xml that it is used to define the project
is not "doubled" to be where the plugin JAR assembly expects it.

How should I arrange my parent and plugin project.xml files, and
how should I set up the plugin directory structure.

I'm shooting in the dark, and missing my target.

Re: Any pointers for plugin development?

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
That looks nice...

Is there any policy about plugin-distributions and download ?
Is there a separate chain of repositories for plugins ?

Thanks.

Paul

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@student.matnat.uio.no>.
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> The old how to write a plugin in the WIKI is not enough to go by.
> I have a plugin I am developing as part of a larger application,
> and I want to ensure that it is built and installed.

This is your lukcy day :) I wrote a new version yesterday night.

http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/HowToCreateYourFirstPlugIn2

Trygvis

> Unfortunately, the project.xml that it is used to define the project
> is not "doubled" to be where the plugin JAR assembly expects it.
>
> How should I arrange my parent and plugin project.xml files, and
> how should I set up the plugin directory structure.
>
> I'm shooting in the dark, and missing my target.

Re: Any pointers for plugin development?

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Pick one of the existing maven plugins.

You'll need:

plugin.jelly
plugin.properties
project.properties
project.xml

typically as your directory structure.

Have a look at src\plugins-build\project.xml.

That has most of the bits needed.

A plugin is just a jar file with the above resources in it.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting