Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2011/12/16 22:06:46 UTC

Re: Participation

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Hiwa Mahmud <hi...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I am a new user to OpenOffice and have taken an interest in the Marketing project, how can I help assist the project?

Welcome to the project, Hiwa !

Have you been subscribed to the mailing list for long?  If not, you
will want to know that our recent marketing topics have been:

1) Rebranding from "OpenOffice.org" to "Apache OpenOffice"

2) Discussions about a new logo for the product, to go with the new brand

3) Discussions on social networking, blogs, etc., and how to best use
them to support our efforts

4) Discussions on a marketing plan for our 3.4 release (our first
release at Apache) and the bigger 4.0 release next year.

Regards,

-Rob