Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2013/07/17 18:15:21 UTC

2.4.1 Readme's what's new

Here's what I have for what's new; if you know of major things missing, please
reply :-)

The major changes include:

    * A new maven plugin that runs JCasGen (see tools documentation for how to
configure and use this)
    * Binary serialization has been documented.
    * New kinds of compressed binary serialization that compress the data
significantly
      and one form that supports unequal source/target type systems
    * Some "bulk" methods for removing Feature Structures from Indexes
    * A new facility for specifying parameter settings for collections of
annotators, that uses properties files
    * The DocumentAnalyzer utility was enhanced with a patch from the community
to support reading CASes in various formats

-Marshall

Re: 2.4.1 Readme's what's new

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I've committed this change...