Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Rafael Ribeiro <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/14 22:43:59 UTC

Really Silly Deploy on Tomcat without Spring

Hi all,

 After googling for a few hours, I (think I) am about to run a relly silly
application using CXF on Tomcat without Spring.
 I made a servlet that extends CXFNonSpringServlet and its init is:
		super.init();
		Endpoint.publish("http://localhost/foo/services/hello", new FooImpl());
	}

and I get this exception:
com.sun.xml.internal.ws.model.RuntimeModelerException: runtime modeler
error: Wrapper class foo.bar.jaxws.Hello is not found. Have you run APT to
generate them?

I somehow followed http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/servlet-transport.html
since it is too vague and it seems like some steps were accidentally (or
intentionally) omitted.

Am I doing everything wrong or I had only missed something really stupid (or
simple)?

best regards,
Rafael Ribeiro

Re: Really Silly Deploy on Tomcat without Spring

Posted by Rafael Ribeiro <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi dkulp,

 First, tks a lot for the first post! :D It seems like I am now nearer than
I was before ;). So... After changing from JVM 1.6 to 1.5 and adding a few
(missing) libraries to classpath I got this exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find destination factory for transport
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http
	at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapTransportFactory.getDestination(SoapTransportFactory.java:76)
	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl.initDestination(ServerImpl.java:90)
	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl.<init>(ServerImpl.java:69)
	at
org.apache.cxf.frontend.ServerFactoryBean.create(ServerFactoryBean.java:114)
	at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsServerFactoryBean.create(JaxWsServerFactoryBean.java:160)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.getServer(EndpointImpl.java:304)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.doPublish(EndpointImpl.java:232)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.publish(EndpointImpl.java:183)
	at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.spi.ProviderImpl.createAndPublishEndpoint(ProviderImpl.java:74)
	at javax.xml.ws.Endpoint.publish(Endpoint.java:156)
	at foo.bar.ServiceServlet.init(ServiceServlet.java:15)

About using the CXF bundle, I found somewhere (not sure whether on some
forum or even here) that it could be problematic to use Servlet support with
Jetty support on classpath and then I tried to switch from the jar at lib
dir on distribution to the separate jars at modules dir. Is it true or I
could have sticked to the bundle jar?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
J. Daniel Kulp