Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Felix Roethenbacher <fr...@felix.shacknet.nu> on 2002/11/06 22:42:10 UTC

Logging into a user-defined category

Hi!

I have written an XSP page and want to log
into a specified target (category). I can log into the
category 'sitemap.generator.serverpages.xxx' by using

getLogger().getChildLogger("xxx");

Is it possible to log into a lower level category
(e.g. into category 'xxx')?

Felix

Re: Logging into a user-defined category

Posted by Felix Roethenbacher <fr...@felix.shacknet.nu>.
Hi, it's me again.

The task can be accomplished as in the log.xsl logicsheet.

<xsp:logic>
  org.apache.log.Logger logger =
    org.apache.log.Hierarchy.getDefaultHierarchy().getLoggerFor("xxx");
</xsp:logic>

and then use

<xsp:logic>
  logger.info("message");