Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ada Battousai <ad...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/18 06:36:40 UTC

htpasswd without apache

Hello all,

I'm trying to make a local repository (protocol svn://, without apache)
works with a password file with htpasswd entries. But my svn does not
recognize the passwords added there.

How can I configure svn to make it work?

Thanks.

RE: Betr.: htpasswd without apache

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.
> "Ada Battousai" <ad...@gmail.com> schreef op 18/02/2011
> 06:36:40:
>
> > I'm trying to make a local repository (protocol svn://, without
> > apache) works with a password file with htpasswd entries. But my
> svn
> > does not recognize the passwords added there.
> > How can I configure svn to make it work?
>
> That won't work. The htpasswd file is used by apache, not by SVN
> itself.
> If you want to use just svn:// (not svn+ssh://) I _think_ the only
> option
> is a plain text file containing usernames and passwords:
> http://svnbook.red-
> bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.svnserve.html#svn.serverconfig
> .svnserve.auth.users

I'm pretty sure you can use LDAP with svnserve via the SASL support.

BOb

Betr.: htpasswd without apache

Posted by Jan Keirse <ja...@tvh.be>.
"Ada Battousai" <ad...@gmail.com> schreef op 18/02/2011 06:36:40:

> I'm trying to make a local repository (protocol svn://, without
> apache) works with a password file with htpasswd entries. But my svn
> does not recognize the passwords added there.
> How can I configure svn to make it work?

That won't work. The htpasswd file is used by apache, not by SVN itself.
If you want to use just svn:// (not svn+ssh://) I _think_ the only option
is a plain text file containing usernames and passwords:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.svnserve.html#svn.serverconfig.svnserve.auth.users

**** DISCLAIMER ****

http://www.tvh.com/newen2/emaildisclaimer/default.html

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."