Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "Walsh, Peter" <Pe...@disney.com> on 2012/06/21 17:45:32 UTC

High latency for PUTs with read-while-writer enabled in clustered env

Hello all,
We have a v3.0.1 full clustered environment for which we have configured read-while-writer according to Leif's blog (http://www.ogre.com/node/386), however we've noticed that PUT's are resulting in 4-7 seconds latencies while GET's behave as expected.  We've tried various PUT's for different origin servers to rule out origin server issue's as the cause.  Once we disable read-while-writer, the problem goes away.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with read-while-writer?  I didn't see any open bugs for this though I could have missed it.  We have disabled it in our production environment but ultimately would love to have this feature.

Thanks in advance,
Pete

RE: High latency for PUTs with read-while-writer enabled in clustered env

Posted by "Walsh, Peter" <Pe...@disney.com>.
Ok, we're continuing our testing but I'll open one with whatever data we collect.

Thanks,
Pete

> We have a v3.0.1 full clustered environment for which we have
> configured read-while-writer according to Leif's blog
> (http://www.ogre.com/node/386), however we've noticed that PUT's are
> resulting in 4-7 seconds latencies while GET's behave as expected.
>  We've tried various PUT's for different origin servers to rule out
> origin server issue's as the cause.  Once we disable
> read-while-writer, the problem goes away.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this issue with read-while-writer?  I
> didn't see any open bugs for this though I could have missed it.  We
> have disabled it in our production environment but ultimately would
> love to have this feature.

Haven't heard / seen this one before. Please file a Jira ticket for it
(and then attach your patches ;-).

-- Leif

Re: High latency for PUTs with read-while-writer enabled in clustered env

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.