Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by William Colen <co...@apache.org> on 2017/10/29 02:48:19 UTC

[VOTE] Language Detector model for Apache OpenNLP 1.8.3 Release Candidate 2

The Apache OpenNLP PMC would like to call for a Vote on the Language
Detector model for Apache OpenNLP 1.8.3 Release Candidate 2.

The Release artifacts can be downloaded from:

http://people.apache.org/~colen/models/langdetect-183/rc2/

The model was built with Apache OpenNLP 1.8.3 release, trained with a
portion of the Leipzig corpus, which can be found under this  tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/bigdata/opennlp/tags/langdetect-183_RC2

The model binary includes the NOTICE, LICENSE and also a README with
details of supported languages, how the Leipzig corpus was created and the
model was trained. For your convenience the README is available here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/bigdata/opennlp/tags/langdetect-183_RC2/leipzig/resources/README.txt

A detailed evaluation report is available here:

http://people.apache.org/~colen/models/langdetect-183/rc2/langdetect-183.bin.report.txt

To use Language Detector, please follow the documentation here:

http://opennlp.apache.org/docs/1.8.3/manual/opennlp.html#tools.langdetect

It is important to note that this model is trained for and works well with
longer texts that have at least 2 sentences or more from the same language.

The artifacts have been signed with the Key - 524A9649
 found at

http://people.apache.org/keys/group/opennlp.asc

Please vote on releasing the model as Apache OpenNLP Language Detector
Model 1.8.3. The vote is open for either the next 72 hours or a minimum of
3 +1 PMC binding votes
whichever happens earlier.

Only votes from OpenNLP PMC are binding, but folks are welcome to check the
release candidate and voice their approval or disapproval. The vote passes
if at least three binding +1 votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache OpenNLP Language Detector Model 1.8.3

[ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...

Thanks again to all the committers and contributors for their work over the
past few weeks.

Re: [VOTE] Language Detector model for Apache OpenNLP 1.8.3 Release Candidate 2

Posted by William Colen <co...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Koji.

Let's fix it and start another RC.

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@rondhuit.com>.