Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Raj <nw...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/07 19:40:51 UTC

Torque generated code in a separate jar?

Greetings All,

We currently have the torque generated code in
the same eclipse java project as rest of the business layer code. The
torque code (BaseXxx, XxxMapBuilder) sits in a separate package 'com.company.project.base'and gets compiled into a jar along with rest of the application code.

We
are looking into creating a separate (persistence) project for the
generated code and generate a jar that can be used in the business tier
code in a different (business) project. The business project will also
have the XxxPeer & Xxx classes that gets generated by torque but
isĀ  modified. This way there will a lot fewer java files to work with while searching, checkin , checkouts etc.

Please let me know if you see any issues with this approach? Or is it something that we should have done in the first place? :)

Cheers,
Raj

Re: Torque generated code in a separate jar?

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Raj wrote:
> Please let me know if you see any issues with this approach? Or is it something that we should have done in the first place? :)

No issues, just go ahead.

Bye, Thomas.