Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jose Luis Sanchez <jo...@m-centric.com> on 2011/11/23 19:51:03 UTC

Default values for a grid : concept erroneus ?

Hi everyone !

I've been using T5 since 5.0, and now, being eager to get my hands on
the final 5.3 release, am facing some concepts doubts , that i'd like
you to sort me out.

Currently, i have a T5.2.6 App, working perfectly, but as i have been
asked to perform a change, and it's not working , i'd like to review my
concepts about @Persist and @Property.

Let me explain myself.

I have a grid tied to a list of objects.

<t:grid source="transactions"/>

In my java, i have a

@Property
@Persist
List <Transactions> transactions.

The .tml has , as you can imagine, a fromDate and  toDate inputfields,
along with a submit button.

So, i have a

@Property
Date fromDate;
@Property
Date toDate;

Whenever someone hits the submit button, theonSuccess() method retrieves
the whole list of transactions from the database, according to the input
dates;

Up to here, everything is ok.

But now, i have been asked to show, on page load, the last week of data.
And here is where my problem starts.

I've tried  using @Persist on both the list and the dates, defining the
getTransactions() method and returning the data, and using a @PageLoad,
@SetupRender and @BeginRender tags, but it's not working.

What am i missing here ?

BTW. I am migrating to a GridDataSource, but i'd like this concept to be
clarified to me, as it can change my mind :)

Thanks a lot.

--
*Jose Luis Sanchez*
Senior Developer

*E-mail*: joseluis.sanchez@m-centric.com
*Phone* : +34 91 277 03 16
mCentric mobilising imagination

c/ Jose Echegaray, 8 Building 3
28230 Las Rozas (Madrid). SPAIN.

This message may contain confidential information or privileged
material, and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are
not in the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or
copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your
system E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or
contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.