Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/01 10:05:50 UTC

Problem with the supplied template zeppelin-site.xml

Gang:

I have (sort of) identified the problem I was having with Zeppelin finding
no interpreters.  It appears to be something related to the
zeppelin-site.xml.template file, which I used for my config, "as is" with
the only exception being the port number.  With that configuration,
Zeppelin doesn't work.  But if you delete the zeppelin-site.xml and let it
take all default values for everything, then it works.

Beyond that, I don't know *exactly* what's happening, but I'm guessing maybe
something to do with the path to the interpreters dir?  Although the
supplied
default looks right if it's treated as a relative dir, and Zeppelin is
launched from the
root of the install.   Anyway, maybe somebody who knows more about Zeppelin
internals can sort it out.

Cheers,

Phil
~~~
This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM

Re: Problem with the supplied template zeppelin-site.xml

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.
OK, to expand on this a little more, in case anyone is interested.  When I
use the binary release of 0.5.0, I see it fail to locate any interpreters,
regardless of whether or not there is a zeppelin-site.xml present or not.
I also tried placing a zeppelin-site.xml and putting absolute paths for the
interpreter location and notebook location, and got the same results.

But, if I use a build from source, using the tip of the default branch (as
of last night), I see the behavior where it works fine as long as there
*isn't* a zeppelin-site.xml present, but if I place the zeppelin-site.xml
there (copied from the template file) then it again shows the behavior
where it finds no interpreters.

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Palamuttam <ra...@gmail.com>.
I wondered why port 8080 for default when that's the default used by spark for its ui.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Wood, Dean Jr (GE Oil & Gas)" <De...@ge.com>.

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.