Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> on 2013/05/29 22:40:26 UTC

Upgrade jQuery to 1.10.0 in Wicket 6.x ?

Hi,

I've been asked to downport
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5208 (DynamicJQueryResRef) to
Wicket 6.x.

DJQRR needs to use 1.10.0 and 2.0.1 versions of jQuery because they are "in
sync". I.e. 1.11.x will be in sync with 2.1.x, etc.

My doubt is should I touch JQueryResRef too and upgrade jQuery from 1.8.3
to 1.10.0 for Wicket 6.9.0.
I'm not sure how well jQuery team keeps backward compatibility. Some jQuery
plugins may break with this upgrade.
The real question is: how often we should upgrade jQuery ?

As always the user apps can downgrade jQuery.js by using their own
JavaScriptResRef if

Re: Upgrade jQuery to 1.10.0 in Wicket 6.x ?

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>wrote:

> The real question is: how often we should upgrade jQuery ?

I'd think each X version we release should probably use the latest
production / stable jQuery version.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com