Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by varunpandeyengg <va...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/02 14:19:44 UTC

Nutch with Letor

Hey Guys,

I am new to Nutch. I am part of a IR research team & need to create a setup
where in I need to crawl Microsoft's LETOR Dataset with Nutch. After
googling for a while, I didn't get any tutorial or help. Could anyone guide
me for the same?

I am using Nutch 1.4 on Ubuntu 11.10 & Eclipse 3.7.

Till now I am able to crawl public network from my Nutch setup integrated
with Eclipse...

Thanks in advance.

-
Varun

Re: Nutch with Letor

Posted by varunpandeyengg <va...@gmail.com>.
lewis john mcgibbney wrote

> Please post this on user@.
>
> I am keen to look into th6e dataset, never crossed it before.
>
> Please also post details of the data set etc.
>
> Thank you
>
> Lewis

Regarding LETOR, as I told you, I am new to the Dataset too. In fact, this
is the first dataset other than public internet, that I am attempting to
crawl. Till now, I know that for research purpose, Microsoft has published
their standard Dataset to test various Search Engine algorithms (ranking
algo for instance). Since Dataset plays an important role on Search Engine's
performance, results are standardized world wide. The first mission of my
research team is to crawl this standard Dataset.

Is there any tutorial or wiki explaining how I can achieve this - or any
other dataset kept on File System? If not, can you help me please....

--
Varun

If by user@ you mean Nutch-User group, I have already added a similar post
bet didn't get any response, else please tell me where to post.

Re: Nutch with Letor

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Please post this on user@.

I am keen to look into th6e dataset, never crossed it before.

Please also post details of the data set etc.

Thank you

Lewis

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 2:57 AM, varunpandeyengg
<va...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I posted the same query on user@ as you mentioned
> but I
> didn't get any reply.
>
> MS LETOR Dataset can be found at
> http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/mslr/
> http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/mslr/ . My aim is to crawl
> LETOR dataset present on the local file system.
>
> -
> Varun

*Lewis*

Re: Nutch with Letor

Re: Nutch with Letor

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Also please4 hip this discussion to user@ as it seems to be more relevant
there.

Thanks

--
*Lewis*

Re: Nutch with Letor

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

<va...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I am new to Nutch. I am part of a IR research team & need to create a setup
> where in I need to crawl Microsoft's LETOR Dataset with Nutch. After
> googling for a while, I didn't get any tutorial or help. Could anyone guide
> me for the same?
>
> I am using Nutch 1.4 on Ubuntu 11.10 & Eclipse 3.7.
>
> Till now I am able to crawl public network from my Nutch setup integrated
> with Eclipse...
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -
> Varun