Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by jochenfrey <jo...@jochenfrey.com> on 2012/01/06 07:30:09 UTC

Re: T5: Using the strategy pattern with components.

Is there a way to get a reference to a component (or block) by classname
(MyComponent.class), instead of the id?  I tried out the approach Thiago
suggested, and it works fine.  However, it requires me to keep a page with a
catalog of components around (not the end of the world, but inconvenient).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

PS: Here's code for the approach Thiago suggested:

Container.java:
    public Object getTheComponent ()    {
        org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.Component component =
componentSource.getComponent("Catalog:component1");
        return component;
    }

Container.tml:
xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_3.xsd" >