Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/03 17:07:35 UTC

asf-site branches

Time to kill svn publishing?

Asf now supports asf-site branches for GitHub.io style site publishing!

Re: asf-site branches

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Aug 03, 2015 at 05:29PM, jay vyas wrote:
> i think its just that you push the static files to a branch, and then voila
> thats all you have to worry about.

So, pretty much the same as svnpub, but with git. Makes sense.

> !!!!!!!!I THINK!!!!!!!
>
> shall i test this and see?  ok if i push some files to a asf-git branch to
> play around?

Let's try... I believe we'd also need to ask INFRA (me thinks) to set us with
git publishing. Would you volunteer to figure our and try? Worst case
scenario our website will be down for a bit. Although it might make sense to
wait with pushing until after 1.0 is out...

Cos

Re: asf-site branches

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: asf-site branches

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: asf-site branches

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
+1, for me too ... for the same reason.

Olaf

Re: asf-site branches

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Re: asf-site branches

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
jay vyas

Re: asf-site branches

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
ok ill look into it

Re: asf-site branches

Posted by 김영우 <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: asf-site branches

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1, whatever people prefer

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 8:07 AM, Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Time to kill svn publishing?
>
> Asf now supports asf-site branches for GitHub.io style site publishing!

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)