Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/14 19:24:05 UTC

NettyServerCnxnFactoryTest is failing consistently on my laptop

Hey guys,
I was going to create branch-3.6 but I see that one test is failing
consistently on my Linux laptop (Fedora 30) with JDK8 and JDK13.

Maybe the problem is related to the fact that I only have 2 core (as I can
see in /proc/cpuinfo).

In the exact point that the test is failing there is a 3 seconds timeout,
but if I set it to 10 seconds that the test fails the last assertion in the
test case.

Can anyone take a look at it?
Below the error

As tests are not failing on CI I confident that it should be a problem on
my local machine, but, you know, any problem seen in tests has very good
chances to be a real problem in production.

I will move forward and create the branch-3.6, we are not ready for a
release candidate yet (a few patches are still waiting for review).

Enrico

INFO] -------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]  T E S T S
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Running org.apache.zookeeper.server.NettyServerCnxnFactoryTest
[ERROR] Tests run: 3, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
7.339 s <<< FAILURE! - in
org.apache.zookeeper.server.NettyServerCnxnFactoryTest
[ERROR]
testOutstandingHandshakeLimit(org.apache.zookeeper.server.NettyServerCnxnFactoryTest)
 Time elapsed: 6.569 s  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError:

Expected: is <true>
     but: was <false>
at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.NettyServerCnxnFactoryTest.testOutstandingHandshakeLimit(NettyServerCnxnFactoryTest.java:142)

Re: NettyServerCnxnFactoryTest is failing consistently on my laptop

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Mate
I am happy that you are taking a look.

I am now working on 3.6.0 release notes, so we can make progress together
towards the release.

I think it is not a real blocker but I would like to see tests passing on
every machine, expecially the one I am using for the release

Enrico

Enrico

Posted by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com>.