Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2007/06/06 16:52:12 UTC

Debugging maven within eclipse

Hi all,

In order to get to the bottom of a number of maven issues, I would like to
fire up maven inside eclipse so that I can do step by step debugging, and
having gone through the docs I am struggling to find out how to do this.

Google found this:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Debugging+with+the+Maven+Jetty+Plugin+inside+Eclipse
which describes how one might remotely connect to a maven instance to
debug it, but using this method requires an M2_HOME, and it's not clear as
to where this environment variable should be pointed to.

Is there a howto on this anywhere?

Regards,
Graham

Re: Debugging maven within eclipse

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Dealing+with+Eclipse-based+IDE

On 6/6/07, Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In order to get to the bottom of a number of maven issues, I would like to
> fire up maven inside eclipse so that I can do step by step debugging, and
> having gone through the docs I am struggling to find out how to do this.
>
> Google found this:
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Debugging+with+the+Maven+Jetty+Plugin+inside+Eclipse
> which describes how one might remotely connect to a maven instance to
> debug it, but using this method requires an M2_HOME, and it's not clear as
> to where this environment variable should be pointed to.
>
> Is there a howto on this anywhere?
>
> Regards,
> Graham

Karan Malhi