Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Rodrigo Valero <Ro...@thales-is.com> on 2003/11/26 12:20:23 UTC

Error HTTP 400 using RSS and Proxy

Does anybody know why Jetspeed URLManagerService (and therefore URLFetcher) try to open a socket throught a proxy using this sentence?

sock = new URL(protocol,proxyHost,URLManager.getProxyPort( protocol ),url);

The problem I'm getting is that I can't figure out how to work out the proxy configuration for using RSS. I tried to pass extra parameters to the JVM, such:

-Dhttp.proxySet=true -Dhttp.proxyHost=<proxyHost> -Dhttp.proxyPort=<proxyPort> -Dhttp.proxyUsername=<proxyUsername> -Dhttp.proxyPassword=<proxyPassword>

or either:

-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=<proxyHost> -DproxyPort=<proxyPort> -DproxyUsername=<proxyUsername> -DproxyPassword=<proxyPassword>

I've also tried to set up the proxy (with no user and password settings) on the JetspeedResources.properties like this:

services.URLManager.proxy.http.host=<proxyHost>

services.URLManager.proxy.http.port=<proxyPort>

but no luck because the URLFetcher opens aconnection with the proxy and tries to get the file using the real URL Im trying to get (let's say http://www.yahoo.com)

Any ideas/help, please...

Thanks