Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us> on 2008/01/29 19:03:24 UTC

1.4.6 Windows and 1.5.0 RHEL5 RPM

Good news: 1.5.0 now builds RPM on RHEL5 without failing any tests for
first time in 3 months.  Something that changed between yesterday and today
fixed the failing test(s).

Question:

I hope I'm not being pushy, but is someone going to build the Subversion
1.4.6 windows build and place it on subversion.tigris.org?
That normally happens within a week or two but it has been 5 weeks since
it was released and no svn-1.4.6-setup.exe is there yet.  Is someone
planning on building it or am I missing some announcement/URL pointer?

Thanks!

--
David Wayne Summers        "Linux: Because reboots are for hardware upgrades!"
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us PGP Key: http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt

Re: 1.4.6 Windows and 1.5.0 RHEL5 RPM

Posted by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us>.
On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, D.J. Heap wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2008 12:03 PM, David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us> wrote:
> [snip]
>> Question:
>>
>> I hope I'm not being pushy, but is someone going to build the Subversion
>> 1.4.6 windows build and place it on subversion.tigris.org?
>> That normally happens within a week or two but it has been 5 weeks since
>> it was released and no svn-1.4.6-setup.exe is there yet.  Is someone
>> planning on building it or am I missing some announcement/URL pointer?
>

> I haven't seen or heard anything from the setup maintainer in a long
> time.  I sent a few emails a while ago asking for more info about the
> setup build process but never got a response.
>
> At this point, I've been able to build a setup but I am pretty sure it
> is missing at least one piece that is referenced from the
> build-the-install guide but is not present anywhere I can find it.
> I'm not sure, but I don't think it's a very important piece (appears
> to be some sample proxy server registry settings or something).
>
> Anyway, given a few days I can probably build a 1.4.6 installer, but I
> wouldn't feel comfortable putting it anywhere public until several
> people had tested and verified that it worked correctly for them.
>
> Any volunteers to test a 1.4.6 installer?

I would definitely volunteer to test it out.  I am planning on using it on
my repositories at work to upgrade from 1.4.0 or 1.4.2 (I forget which) as
soon as it is released (and tested of course).

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 29, 2008 12:03 PM, David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us> wrote:
[snip]
> Question:
>
> I hope I'm not being pushy, but is someone going to build the Subversion
> 1.4.6 windows build and place it on subversion.tigris.org?
> That normally happens within a week or two but it has been 5 weeks since
> it was released and no svn-1.4.6-setup.exe is there yet.  Is someone
> planning on building it or am I missing some announcement/URL pointer?

I haven't seen or heard anything from the setup maintainer in a long
time.  I sent a few emails a while ago asking for more info about the
setup build process but never got a response.

At this point, I've been able to build a setup but I am pretty sure it
is missing at least one piece that is referenced from the
build-the-install guide but is not present anywhere I can find it.
I'm not sure, but I don't think it's a very important piece (appears
to be some sample proxy server registry settings or something).

Anyway, given a few days I can probably build a 1.4.6 installer, but I
wouldn't feel comfortable putting it anywhere public until several
people had tested and verified that it worked correctly for them.

Any volunteers to test a 1.4.6 installer?

DJ